Story Map Tutorial for ENG 102 (Honors)
Story Map Tutorial
Students enrolled in Dr. Richard Johnson’s ENG 102 (Honors) service learning study abroad program to Nicaragua in 2018 were required to document their experiences by creating a dynamic GIS web application on ArcGIS Online that incorporated maps, narrative, static images, and in some cases video. The students completed story map tutorials, provided by Mukila Maitha (Geography), that helped them build technical skills and learn about the geography of Nicaragua, the collected location information using GPS devices while in the field, and also kept journals which were used for the narrative text upon return.
- Tutorial (Story Maps and Nicaragua’s Geography):
- Education in Nicaragua (Student)
- Volunteering on a Sustainable Farm (Student)
- La Mariposa’s Program for Disabled Children (Student)
- Conservation at Laguna de Apoyo (Student)