- Format: Face-to-face
- Dates: Fridays, February 24, March 10, March 31, April 21, and May 5, 2017
- Location: Building Z, Room Z131
- Time: 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- GECs: 2 for on-campus course; 3 with added Field Seminar component
- Instructor: David Richmond, BUS/SS
- Details: This course is aimed at increasing faculty capacity to develop and teach concepts, issues, and materials in the area of Latin America studies. Participants will study global learning outcomes and assessment techniques; review effective study abroad design; acquire new competencies in inter-cultural communication; study the political, economic, social, and natural history of the region; create curriculum projects related to Central America for infusion in their classes; and gain the ability to mentor students based on their field experiences in Central America.
- Register for the on-campus course (2 GECs)
- Apply for the on-campus course with Field Seminar (3 GECs). This course includes a 16-day itinerary from May 20 to June 4, 2017, traveling to Guatemala, El Salvador, and Nicaragua. Applications for the Field Seminar are due by October 28, 2016.
- Additional Information:
Questions? Please contact the Academy at 847.925.6174, email@example.com.