All Harper College faculty are cordially invited to attend the 2019 Faculty Retreat: “Relevant and Responsive Teaching Across Disciplines.”
- Dates: March 15-16, 2019
- Location: Q Center in St. Charles
- CEUs: 0.4 (Friday) and 0.5 (Saturday)
- Cost: The retreat will be fully funded; no individual professional development funds will be required.
- Register by February 15, 2019: www.bit.ly/FacultyRetreat2019 (no late registrations accepted)
This year’s retreat offers faculty an opportunity to share our collective funds of knowledge and plan for continued growth as we examine the common elements and nuances of relevant and responsive teaching across disciplines. Friday, Harper faculty presenters from each discipline-area will share approaches that have worked well for students throughout the years as well as ways they have evolved to adapt to students’ ever-changing needs. Friday evening will include team trivia, talent night, and an optional overnight stay. Saturday, faculty will join their discipline areas to synthesize a list of competencies for teaching in their area based on ideas from Friday’s presentations and create a plan for professional development that would best support these traits and, in turn, their students. Each group will then determine a way to creatively share their list of competencies and their professional development plan in a brief presentation.
Part I: Friday Faculty Presentations “Relevant and Responsive Teaching Across Disciplines”
- 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. Check-in
- 1 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Presentations
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. Comedy & Crudité Break
- 3:15 p.m. – 5 p.m. Presentations
- 5 p.m. – 6 p.m. Social Hour
- 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. Dinner
- 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. Team Trivia
- 9 p.m. – 11 p.m. Talent Night
Optional overnight stay (those who register for the overnight stay are expected to attend the Saturday program)
Part II: Saturday Discipline-Area Group Time “Identifying Competencies and Creating a Professional Development Plan”
- 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. Breakfast
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Discipline-Area Work Time
- 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. Lunch and Presentations
- February 1, 2019: Register by this date to receive an early bird registration gift
- February 15, 2019: Final Registration Date (please remind your colleagues to register; no registrations can be accepted after this date)
All full-time and adjunct faculty are invited.
Register by February 15: www.bit.ly/FacultyRetreat2019
Please consider your availability for the retreat carefully as the Academy must pay the venue for all registered guests.
Questions? Please contact the Academy at 847.925.6174, email@example.com.