This course seeks to investigate theories of gender and sexuality in a variety of historical, social, educational and cultural contexts. We will explore the societal implications of gender, sexuality and their relation to the development of identity and difference. We will critically assess societal representations of gender roles and stereotypes in an effort to understand implications of equity and equality. The central aim of this course is to foster critical reading, thinking and practices about gender and sexuality as it relates to power, inequality, education, and pedagogy.
Graduate Equivalency Course (GEC)
- Format: Blended (online and face-to-face)
- Dates: September 12, 2018 – October 31, 2018
- Face-to-face meetings: Wednesdays, September 12, September 26, October 3, October 17, October 24, 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., F315
- GECs: 3
- Instructor: Dr. Durene Wheeler, Northeastern Illinois University
- View Syllabus
- Fee: No cost
- Register Now (Registration Deadline: August 29, 2018)
Questions? Please contact the Academy at 847.925.6174, firstname.lastname@example.org.