Blackboard Tip of the Month
Blackboard Tips & Tricks from the Academy for Teaching Excellence
Submitted by Karen Herold, Instructional Technology Assistant
Downloading Your Blackboard Grades to Submit to your Department
In Blackboard 9.1, you are able to download your Grade Center into an Excel spreadsheet so that you can submit your grades to your department/division. This tip will give you instructions on how to do this.
To Download the Grade Center in Blackboard 9.1
- Log in to Blackboard
- Choose the course that you wish to work with
- In the Control Panel, click on “Grade Center” then “Full Grade Center”
- Click the “Work Offline” button above the grade sheet (top right of screen) to reveal a drop-down menu and select “Download”
- Complete the selections on the Download Grades page, choosing whether to download the full Grade Center, selected columns, or just the user information. You will also need to select the file options (it is recommended to keep all defaults)
- Click “Submit”
- On the next page, click the “Download” button
- Select “Open With” and choose Microsoft Office Excel to open and work with the spreadsheet immediately, or select “Save As” to save the spreadsheet to your desktop
- If you chose “Open With” and need to customize your spreadsheet, do so now. Make sure to save your work and do the following: 1) change FILE NAME to reflect your name, course, and semester; (ie.) KHeroldACC101Fall15, AND 2) Choose SAVE AS TYPE to reflect Excel Workbook (*.xlsx)”
Watch here for another Blackboard Tip next month! Interested in learning more now? Browse on demand Blackboard tutorials from the Academy.