The Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC) and College of DuPage (CoD) invite you and your interested colleagues to attend the upcoming webinar: “The World Anew: Creating New Spaces for Internationalization at Community Colleges” on Friday, September 25, 2020 from 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Central Time. Moderated by Dr. Richard Johnson, Director of International Education at Harper College, we bring together leading voices in community college international education to discuss how today’s unprecedented challenges require educators to re-imagine the relevance, priorities, and methods of internationalization efforts.
Featured speakers will include Geoff Bradshaw (Madison Area Technical College), “Thinking Different: International Education in a New Historical Moment”; Katherine Schuster (Oakton Community College), “Global Education with Student Pathways: The Importance of Global Competency as a Key Component of Equity Initiatives”; and Mukila Maitha (Harper College), “Teaching Global Change with Online GIS and Earth Imagery.” View the event flyer.
- Date: Friday, September 25, 2020
- Time: 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Location: Zoom, Webinar hosted by the Council of American Overseas Research Centers and College of DuPage
- Facilitators: Richard Johnson, Director of International Education at Harper College; Glenn Corbett, Council of American Overseas Research Centers; and Sue Kerby, College of DuPage
- CEUs: 0.15 – After attending this session, please complete this personal action plan by December 11, 2020 to receive CEUs.
- Registration Required Through CoD
Questions? Please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.