Tech Week 2021: Living and Learning in the Virtual World
Harper’s 3rd Annual Tech Week is going online! This year we will be connecting and engaging virtually in three days of drop-in events, captivating talks, and workshops. There are sessions for everyone, and the signature event of Tech Week will be the 11th Annual Tech Expo, to be held on Friday, February 26, 2021 from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. Download the full Tech Week & Tech Expo schedule here.
Here are a few ways to experience Tech Week 2021:
- Hear the story of Whitney Hill, founder and creator of SPORK!, a non-profit that mixes art, culture, inclusion/accessibility.
- Discover the streaming media platforms available through the Harper library.
- Take some time to learn more about the various Harper systems with an Employee Technical Skills Trainer.
- Add movement and meditation to your day with Campus Recreation.
- Attend a special pre-event Captioning Method workshop by Chris Dobson, Harper’s Instructional Multimedia Developer (registration required).
- … and much more.
Win prizes! Each session you attend during Tech Week will give you an entry into the prize drawing!
Tech Expo: The Signature Event of Tech Week 2021!
Would you like to:
- Explore post-pandemic tips for returning to face-to-face teaching?
- Learn how to build a DIY Lightboard studio at home?
- Find out how to recycle e-waste in our community?
Join fellow Harper employees at the 11th Annual Tech Expo, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. on Friday, February 26.
Visit more than 20 live virtual room and on-demand sessions where faculty and staff will share new technologies for living and learning in this virtual world. Open to all Harper employees – drop in anytime during this 1-hour event! Visit the Virtual Expo Site on Friday, February 26 starting at 11 a.m. to join the live sessions and access on-demand sessions. The Virtual Expo site link is located under “Tech Expo” on the Tech Week site on HIP (log in using your Harper credentials). View and download the Tech Expo schedule here.
Tech Week 2021 is sponsored by Information Technology, Sustainability, Academy for Teaching Excellence, and Harper College Library