The Academy team is here to support all full-time and adjunct faculty at Harper College and we’ve developed some resources to help you as you prepare for the Summer 2022 semester, including a Blackboard Course Template and Syllabus Template.
Need additional assistance or have questions? Not sure what to ask? We’re here for you! Just fill out the Academy Request Form, or drop by (Building F, Room F317) anytime Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and an Academy team member will follow-up with you.
Blackboard Course Template
The Academy has created a Summer 2022 Blackboard Course Template to help faculty in their course development for the spring semester. Using this template is not required; however, it may give you ideas for organizing your course materials, save you time building course structures, and ultimately provide students with a more consistent navigation of your course shell.
- Learn more about the Summer 2022 Blackboard Course Template.
- Fill out the Academy Request Form to have the template copied into your empty Blackboard course(s).
Syllabus Template & Updates
The Summer 2022 version of the of the Harper College syllabus template is available on the Harper Syllabus webpage. This version supports a variety of course modalities. It contains several important updates, including updated statements about the COVID-19 Vaccination/Test Mandate and COVID-19 reporting guidelines, and updated Student Support Resources information. You can download the Summer 2022 syllabus template here or visit the Harper Syllabus webpage for more information.
Additional Resources to Help Prepare for the Semester
- On-Demand Blackboard Support (Guides, Tutorials, Ally Resources)
- Teaching with Technology
- Welcome Messages Helpful to Students Trying to Navigate the Start of the Semester
- Lesson Makeover Using the Nine Events of Instruction
- The Four Connections: Shocking Findings and Simple Strategies or Fostering the Four Connections Online
- Utilizing the Harper College Syllabus Template
- Essential Online Course Features Checklist
- Online Testing & Alternative Assessments
- Remote Learning Resources for Students
Questions? Please fill out the Academy Request Form, or drop by (Building F, Room F317) anytime Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and an Academy team member will follow-up with you.