The following links, documents, and tutorials catalog information about student resources and support (services, programs, and initiatives) to provide information to faculty, staff, and students on how students can obtain the help they need to succeed while learning at a distance.
Please share this important information with your students.
- Academic Support for Students
- Academic advisors, access advocates, and counselors are available to provide support for students. These areas can provide expert advice and point students to resources to support their success.
Student Development Support
- Student Development Counseling Services
- Student Development Virtual Services
- Access and Disability Services Digital Services Fact Sheet
- Center for New Students Digital Services Fact Sheet
- Job Placement Resource Center (JPRC) Online Resources
Blackboard Resources for Students
- Blackboard Intro Video for Students
- Blackboard Collaborate Participant Guide
- Student Blackboard Tutorial: Using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- Student Blackboard Tutorial: Finding Recordings in Collaborate Ultra
Remote Learning Resources for Students
- Tips for a Successful Transition to Online Classes
- Remote Learning Resources for Students
- Students who need additional assistance learning remotely can call 847.925.6484.
Library Services for Students
- Guide to using the library online.
- Live Chat: Staffed 24/7 by librarians in the U.S., Harper students can chat online and receive research help with a Harper College librarian during normal business hours. Visit the library website and click “Live Chat”.
- Questions? Email: email@example.com
Student Tech Support
- The Student Service Desk helps students with Blackboard, Harper student email, and MyHarper Student Portal. The Student Service Desk is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. by calling 847.925.6866.
Office 365 for Students
- Harper students can sign in to Office.com using their Harper email (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) and with their password as their six-digit birthdate (MMDDYY). Once in Office.com they can use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint – Free for Students
- All students can download Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for free on up to five desktop computers, five mobile devices, and five tablets. They can download the software here using their Harper email (i.e. email@example.com) and with their password as their six-digit birthdate (MMDDYY).
Additional Support & Resources for Students
- Harper Student Message – We Are in This With You!
- Community Resources for Students
- Student Engagement Virtual Programming
- Wellness Digital Resources
- Campus Recreation Virtual Workouts
Again, please share this important information with your students to remind them that Harper faculty and staff are here to help and we are all in this together.