We know things that happen outside the classroom can impact students’ performance in class and that’s why Harper is excited to share two new tools to support students’ health and well-being.
WellTrack is a free confidential, anonymous and secure app to give every Harper student the ability to manage their mental well-being from the palm of their hands – anytime, anywhere. WellTrack is a self-guided, interactive online app that can help students understand their feelings of stress, anxiety or depression and also provides students with access to 24/7 crisis support. Learn more about the app and how students can download it. More information can also be found in this Hawk Talk video.
Hawks Care Resource Center and Counseling Services
Hawks Care Resource Center is a single-stop to connect students with on-campus and off-campus resources to help when the unexpected happens so they can focus on their academic goals. Hawks Care Assistance has been launched to help students meet their basic needs. Students who need support can request assistance using this form (also available in the MyHarper portal). Please share this resource with any student who may need financial assistance with food/groceries, housing/rent, course materials/supplies, tuition/fees or technology.
Additional Resources to Share with Students
- Academic Support Center – Academic Support Center services include the Anatomy Room, Developmental Math Center, Success Services, Supplemental Instruction, Tutoring Center, and Writing Center. Students can make an appointment to work with a tutor or join a drop-in tutoring session.
- Library Tutorials – Videos that have been selected or created by Harper librarians to introduce students to research skills and tools they may need to do assignments.
- Student Life: Harper Happenings – Virtual programming for students to get involved, stay connected, and enhance their experience at Harper.
- How to Register Guide – This short guide provides information about the Spring 2021 modalities and schedule information to help students register for their correct courses.
- Tips for Online Learning – This presentation provides success strategies and tips for taking a proactive approach to online learning.
- Virtual Career Workshop – This presentation was created through collaboration with Counseling Services and the Job Placement Resource Center to help undecided students learn more about what they are looking for in a career and major, refine educational goals, and conduct an intentional job search.
- Remote Learning Resources for Students – A list of resources to help students learn remotely.
Please share links and information about all of these resources with your students.