Submitted by Megan Dallianis, Director of New Student Programs and the Rita and John Canning Women’s Program
The Center for New Students has created “how-to” videos to help students get oriented to technology and self-service options while employees have been working remotely.
Watch the following videos to learn more about how students get started at Harper and connect with resources and services to support their success. Please also share these videos with your students.
- Academic Support Services: Reviews the services offered in the Academic Support Center.
- Blackboard at Harper College: Instructs students on how to access Blackboard, reviews features, and navigation. It also highlights Distance Learning resources.
- Counseling Services at Harper College: Reviews the three pillars of counseling and how to set up an appointment with Counseling Services.
- Degree Works: Demonstrates to students how to access Degree Works and the importance of staying on track with plan.
- How to Register for Courses: Instructs students on how to register for courses, using their Degree Works cart.
- How to set up an appointment with an advisor: Reviews how to set up an appointment with assigned advisor through the MyHarper portal.
- Keys to Communication Review Starfish and Harper email: Walk-through on how to access email and Starfish. Also encourages students to complete or update intake survey.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships: Discusses in brief what financial aid is, and how to get started. How to access the scholarship application and how to contact One-Stop, including chat option.
- MyHarper Portal: General walk-through of MyHarper portal, covers icons and information that is covered in orientation.
- How to Order Transcripts: Guides students through the MyHarper portal to order official and unofficial transcripts.
- Job Placement Resource Center: Overview of services offered in the JPRC.
- How to Find Events on Campus: Shows where to find the event calendar on campus.
- How to Apply for Student Aide Jobs: Guides students through searching and applying for student aide jobs on campus. The video also encourages student to contact the JPRC for assistance and resume preparation.
- Focus 2: Encourages students to use Focus 2 and a walk-through on completing it.
- Harper Hawks: Overview of how to find athletic events, where to fill out a prospective athlete form, and buy Harper gear.
- Harper Wellness: Overview of Harper Wellness page and resources.
- Linked Courses: How to Register for co-reqs and learning communities.
Learn more on the What Happens at Orientation webpage.
Questions? Please contact the Center for New Students and Orientation at email@example.com.