An updated, easier-to-use, more powerful Content Editor has just been released to our Blackboard Server. There are lots of great reasons to like the updated Content Editor. Adding content has been simplified, and it works better on both hand-held devices and larger screens. There are several improvements for accessibility and some new features, too.
Here are six enhancements you can look forward to:
- The Power of Plus. One easy menu for adding content from your computer, cloud storage, Content Collection, or integrated tool. The Content Editor will automatically recognize the kinds of files you add.
- Better for All Devices. The editor is better suited for all devices—small screen or big. It’s easier to author on mobile devices because pop-ups are gone.
- Improved Accessibility. The editor is more accessible due to higher contrast icons and menus, and the removal of pop-ups improves the experience for screen reader users. A new accessibility checker helps authors make content more accessible while they’re creating content. An Ally license isn’t required for the accessibility checker; it also compliments Ally capabilities because it helps users while they’re initially authoring.
- Better Copy and Paste. Pasting content from Word, Excel, and websites is even better. Easily remove extra HTML but retain basic formatting.
- Simple Embed. When pasting links to websites such as YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion, the videos are automatically embedded for inline playback—there’s no need to fuss with HTML. Other sites including The New York Times, WordPress, SlideShare and Facebook will embed summary previews.
- Display Computer Code. Authors can now share formatted computer code snippets, super handy for computer science classes and coding clubs.
Please check on a regular basis to see that you are using the most updated version of your browser.
Questions? Please contact Faculty Blackboard Support: 847.925.6090, option 1 or email@example.com.