The Academy is pleased to introduce our new Inclusive Instructional Design Specialist, Robert Hill!
As Inclusive Instructional Design Specialist, Rob will work with instructors on a variety of course design and facilitation topics through one-on-one consultations and workshops and other professional development programming. They will support faculty and staff in creating inclusive course climates that promote equitable learning. Rob uses they/them/their pronouns.
A few things about Rob:
- Ph.D. in Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education from Michigan State University
- M.S. in Educational Administration from SUNY Albany
- B.S. in Theatre from Skidmore College
- 10 years working in higher education, including roles in admissions, faculty development, and student affairs
- Most recent position as a postdoc in the Searle Center for Advancing Learning and Teaching at Northwestern University
- Recently first-authored “How LGBTQ+ Students Thrive in College” in the Journal of Student Affairs Research and Practice
- Enjoys animated TV (such as Steven Universe, We Bare Bears, and Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts), playing video games and tabletop games, and taking pictures of their cat, Caps Lock
Ask Rob about:
- Creating inclusive classroom environments and facilitating equitable learning experiences
- Workshops and other programming that enhance equity and inclusion in a variety of learning settings
- General course design and facilitation
Please take a moment to welcome Rob and introduce yourself: email@example.com.