The Office of International Education (OIE) will be hosting the annual International Education Summit virtually this year on Friday, April 22, 2022 from 11 a.m.-3:10 p.m. via Webex. The theme of this year’s Summit is “Teaching Asia Today” and presenters will provide resources and pedagogical approaches that can be used to help enhance international perspectives in the classroom.
This year’s Summit includes the following presentations:
- Morgan Lindberg, Portland Community College (Keynote): “Kawaii Means More Than Just ‘Cute’”: Using the Products, Practices, and Perspectives Model to Understand and Discuss Popular Culture
- Heather Singmaster, Asia Society: Preparing Students for the Global Economy: Resources from Asia Society’s Center for Global Education
- Pearl Ratunil & Mukila Maitha, Harper College: Teaching Literature with Geospatial Technology, How Mapping a Novel Supports a Global Understanding
For full program descriptions and more information, visit the OIE Faculty Resources page.
- Date: Friday, April 22, 2022
- Time: 11 a.m. – 3:10 p.m.
- Location: Webex
- Facilitator: Office of International Education
- CEUs: 0.1 CEUs per session
- Registration Required