Join us to learn about trauma informed teaching and how it can help address student needs at Harper. During this workshop Rebecca Tolley, Professor and Librarian at East Tennessee State University, will discuss the trauma informed framework comprised of the six principles of TIC, the 4 R’s and the 3 E’s.
She will discuss the different types of trauma, how trauma may manifest, and how we as educators should respond. Then, she will provide examples of trauma informed pedagogical strategies, including setting agreements, explaining expectations, changing syllabus language, classroom policies/procedures and management, and more.
Participants will leave with knowledge about how to use elements of the framework in their classroom praxis. Our speaker will be joining us virtually, but participants will have the choice to join virtually or in-person, where lunch will be served.
This event is sponsored by the Teaching Information Literacy Community of Practice.
- Date: Wednesday, April 19, 2023
- Time: 12 – 1:30 p.m.
- Location: Building F, Room F315
- Facilitator: Teaching Information Literacy Community of Practice
- CEUs: 0.15 – After attending either in person or virtually, or watching the workshop recording, please complete this personal action plan by May 5, 2023 to receive CEUs.
- Registration Required. Register to attend in person (lunch included) or register to attend virtually
Questions? Please contact the Academy at 847.925.6174, email@example.com.