The Academy has created Blackboard templates to help faculty get through the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester and the online transition for the Summer 2020 semester. Using these templates is not required; however, they will save you a lot of time and improve student navigation of your course.
Spring 2020 Folder Template:
A basic Blackboard Folder Template has been created to help you get through the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. We can quickly copy this template into any of your Blackboard course shells as a framework for building out content for the remainder of the spring semester.
- Here is a quick video tutorial. This video goes through how to use this folder that can be copied into your course menu in Blackboard. It covers making things available and adding readings, videos, assignments, discussion boards, and quizzes.
- This folder will appear in your course menu and will not affect any existing content in your existing course shell.
- Once it’s in your course shell, you can edit it and copy it into any of your other courses.
- These folders will not be visible to students until you edit them and make them available to students.
- This is primarily for courses converting from face-to-face to off-campus flexible learning. Current online courses will likely not need this folder template.
Summer 2020 Course Shell:
The Summer 2020 Blackboard Course Shell is now available and can be used to transition to online courses or to redesign an existing online course. This is a complete course shell with folders and other built-in template fields and can only be copied into an empty course shell.
- Video tutorial – coming soon!
- Please note: This is a complete course shell with folders and other built-in template fields and can only be copied into an empty course shell.
If you would like to request one or both of these Blackboard templates, please fill out the Online Instruction Support form.
Questions? Please fill out the Online Instruction Support form and an Academy staff member will follow-up with you.