Fall 2020 course shells are now available in Blackboard. Here are important resources to help you as you prepare for the semester:
Fall 2020 Blackboard Course Template
The Academy has created a Fall 2020 Blackboard Course Template to help faculty in the building of their Fall 2020 semester. Using this template is not required; however, it can save you time, provide you with ideas for what to include in your course, and provide students a consistent navigation of your course.
- Learn more about the Fall 2020 Blackboard Course Template.
- Submit an Online Instruction Support request to have the template copied into your empty fall Blackboard course.
Fall 2020 Online/Blended Syllabus Template
A “special edition” of the Harper College syllabus template has been created for Fall 2020. This edition contains several updates to help students find resources while learning at a distance.
- Learn more and download the Fall 2020 syllabus template on the Harper Syllabus webpage.
- Questions? Please fill out the Online Instruction Support form and an Academy staff member will follow-up with you.
Essential Online Course Features Checklist
As you develop your courses for Fall 2020, consider using this 15-item checklist of the “essentials” of a well-designed and facilitated online or blended course. The checklist also contains links to tutorials, resources, and ideas to help you in your course building.
- Learn more about the Essential Online Course Features Checklist.
Quick Guide for Copying One Blackboard Course to Another
If you would like to copy the full course content from a prior course into one of your Fall 2020 shells, you can make the copy on your own at any time.
- Follow the quick guide for Copying One Blackboard Course to Another.
Questions? Please fill out the Online Instruction Support form and an Academy staff member will follow-up with you.