Effective speaking and listening skills are vital to creating inclusive and supportive campus spaces with our students and our colleagues. Join Second City Works facilitators for two interactive keynotes that will allow you to consider the principles of ensemble mindset to have better conversations, emphasize the value of all voices, build community, and learn practical skills to enhance creativity, agility, and resilience in hybrid learning spaces.
You can choose to attend this year’s faculty retreat either in person at the Chicago Improv (Schaumburg), or virtually through Webex. Registration is required, please see details below.
- 12 p.m. Check-in & Lunch (start time for in-person attendees)
- 1 p.m. Academy Welcome (start time for virtual attendees)
- 1:15 p.m. Interactive Keynote I: Ensemble Mindset for Inclusive Communication: How to Have More Effective Conversations
- 2 p.m. Intermission
- 2:30 p.m. Interactive Keynote II: IMPROVing Connection in a Hybrid World: Creativity & Agility for Improving Student Engagement
- 3:15 p.m. Academy Closing
- 3:45 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Social Time (for in-person attendees)
- Date: Friday, April 8, 2022
- Format: Hybrid (in-person and virtual options are available)
- Time: 12 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. for in-person attendees, 1 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. for virtual attendees
- Location: Chicago Improv (Schaumburg) or Webex
- Facilitator: Second City Works
- CEUs: 0.3 – After attending in person or virtually, or viewing the recording, please complete this personal action plan by May 6, 2022 to receive CEUs.
- Registration Required (choose one):
- Register for in-person attendance (registration deadline March 30)
- Register for virtual attendance
Please contact Access and Disability Services (ADS) at least two weeks in advance if you require an interpreter or any special accommodations for the retreat (for either in-person or virtual attendance): email@example.com, 847.925.6266.
Questions? Please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read a recap of the retreat and view the recording, handouts, and images here.
How fun! What a great choice. Thank you!
Great to see the community coming together again.