Life may never actually have been simple, but hopefully there was a time in your early years when the demands of your daily life were lighter and your responsibilities were fewer. For one afternoon, join us for a relaxed program with low key interaction inspired by a typical primary school schedule. Explore some of the common issues we face through activities that include a motivational opening about how to engage students amidst chaos, story time with a popular podcaster in higher education, rest time for restoration and contemplation in the style of your choice, and play time in which you can join in one of several activities designed to leave you with ideas for your own virtual classroom. View agenda.
Register by February 15, 2021 to opt into having a cubby hole’s worth of materials and swag related to each segment shipped to you for use throughout the virtual program. Registrations after February 15 will be accepted, but only registrations on or before February 15 will be able to receive the materials in the mail.
- View Retreat Agenda
- Date: Friday, April 9, 2021
- Time: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Location: Webex
- Dr. Frank Harris III, Professor of Postsecondary Education and Co-Director of the Community College Equity Assessment Lab (CCEAL), San Diego State University
- Dr. Bonni Stachowiak, Host and Producer of the Teaching in Higher Ed Podcast, Professor of Business & Management and Dean of Teaching and Learning, Vanguard University
- Dr. Josh Sunderbruch, Professor of English, Harper College
- The Academy for Teaching Excellence
- CEUs: 0.4 – After attending or viewing the recording, please complete this personal action plan by May 7, 2021 to receive CEUs.
- Registration Required
Register before February 15 to have a box of retreat materials sent to your home. Please enter your address in the Webex registration fields if you’d like to receive the retreat materials (view instructions for entering your address).