We are excited to announce a new tool available in your Blackboard course called Ally. Ally provides you with guidance on how to correct accessibility issues with your digital course content, which means you’re learning materials will work better on mobile phones and tablets as well as with assistive technologies.
During this workshop we will demonstrate the features of Ally and guide you through the workflow for identifying and correcting accessibility issues. Since students will immediately benefit from Ally’s alternative file formats, you will also learn strategies for communicating Ally’s features with students.
Information will also be provided on how to become an Ally Advocate, earn a badge and 1.0 CEU’s.
- Three sessions to choose from:
- Tuesday, August 31, 2021 from 10 – 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 1, 2021 from 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 2, 2021 from 4:30 – 6 p.m.
- Registration Required: Register for Tuesday, August 31, register for Wednesday, September 1 or register for Thursday, September 2.
- Location: Webex
- Facilitator: Janet Woods, Instructional Technology Specialist
- CEUs: 1.0 CEUs available for attending or viewing the recording and by completing the tasks in the Ally Checklist to earn the Ally Advocate badge by November 29, 2021.
For resources for Ally, please see the Ally Support page. If you have questions about Ally or the accessibility of your course content, fill out the Online Support Form to be connected with an Academy team member who can help.