Adjunct Faculty Evaluations
If you have been contacted by the Academy regarding an evaluation this semester, please review and select one of the three options below by September 10, 2021.
Option 1: Goal-based Self-Evaluation
This option encourages you to share the work that you are involved in already or embark on a new path to improve student learning in your course.
To submit your interest in completing a goal-based self-observation, please complete the Goal-based Self-Evaluation form.
After submitting the form above, you will receive an email with more information about the next steps below:
- Complete Part 1 (Word document) of your goal-based project and meet with an Academy representative at the start of the semester to finalize your goal and discuss strategies and resources
- Complete Part 2 (Word document) of your goal-based project and submit along with Part 1 to your Academy representative no later than December 3, 2021
Suggested Goal Topics
- Attend an Academy for Teaching Excellence Graduate Equivalency Course, Workshop, Webinar or other Professional Development event and provide evidence of implementation or an implementation plan (Academy Professional Development Opportunities)
- Complete the Blackboard Ally Advocate Badge, more details can be found on the Become an Ally Advocate: Improve the Accessibility of Course Materials With Ally for Blackboard page
- Solicit and respond to feedback from your students using a mid-semester survey or focus group
- Adopt, adapt or create free Open Educational Resources (OER) to reduce textbook and course material costs for your students (more information, including resources, can be found on the Academy OER page)
- Participate in an OSCQR review for one of your online or blended courses
- Review a course for equity and inclusion through an Enacting Equity Guidelines consultation
- Implement course modifications to an online or blended course based on previous feedback from a course design review
- Share the work that you have implemented or plan to implement as a result of your participation in a Community of Practice
- Implement and reflect on a new activity or assessment in your course
Completed Goal-based Self-Evaluation Examples:
Option 2: Reverse Peer Observation
We recognize that much can be learned from watching a colleague teach. This option enables you to observe a peer instructor’s class and reflect on how you might implement observed teaching strategies in your own class.
To submit your interest in completing a reverse peer observation, please view the list of available courses, dates and times on the Reverse Peer Observation sign-up sheet. Virtual reverse peer observations are recommended this semester, and online options are available.
After submitting your interest on the sign-up sheet above, you will receive an email with more information about the next steps below:
- The Academy for Teaching Excellence will email you and the peer instructor with next steps.
- Observe for at least 50 minutes and complete the Reverse Peer Observation form (Word document)
- Submit your completed form along with your availability and sign-up for a meeting with an Academy representative prior to December 3, 2021
Completed Reverse Peer Observation Examples:
Option 3: Traditional Observation
To submit your interest in completing a traditional observation, please complete the Traditional Observation form.
An observer will be designated by your division dean to observe your course. After selecting this option, you will be connected with an observer who will help to identify a course to observe. Depending on availability, departmental practices, and the type of feedback you are seeking, this may be an online, blended, or face-to-face course.