Submitted by the Learning Assessment Committee
The Assessment Institute, focused on assessment and improvement, is the oldest and largest higher education event in the United States. Last fall, the conference was held virtually, and registration exceeded 10,000 registered attendees. This year’s conference will also be held virtually, and registration is complimentary.
- Dates: Sunday, October 24, 2021 – Wednesday, October 27, 2021
- Time: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Location: Virtual
- Register: Link to Register (advance registration will close on October 11)
- Attend as many sessions/days as your schedule allows
Structure of the Institute:
- Pre-Institute Workshops are offered on Sunday.
- Track Keynotes and Related Workshops are offered on Tuesday and Wednesday and will feature leaders in assessment of Community Engagement; Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; Faculty Development; Global Learning; and Learning Improvement; and more.
- Concurrent 60- and 30-minute sessions are offered on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and will include additional topics such as Assessment in Online Courses and Programs; Assessment Methods; Community Colleges; Competency-Based Education and Assessment; General Education; and more.
Hosted by Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), and usually held in Indianapolis, the Institute’s Mission, as stated below, is designed to provide opportunities for:
- individuals and campus teams new to higher education assessment and improvement to acquire fundamental knowledge about the field
- individuals who have worked as leaders in assessment and improvement to share and extend their knowledge and skills; and
- those interested in assessment and improvement at any level or in any collegiate context to establish networks that serve as sources of support and expertise beyond the dates of the Institute.
Visit the 2021 Assessment Institute website to view the featured speakers, pre-institute workshops, presentations by track, and schedule overview.