Submitted by Jeff Moy, Manager, Makerspace and Entrepreneur Center
Opening May 2019!
Our center is an innovative, friendly, and collaborative membership-based space focused on helping the individual bring their ideas to life and to commercialize them if desired. We are located in Building H, Room H130.
- Learn a new skill, work on your dream project, build a prototype, start a new business, make new friends, become empowered to maximize your creative potential!
- Learn digital fabrication skills in our maker lab. Gain hands-on experience with Computer Aided Design, 3D printers, 3D scanners, Laser Cutters, CNC Mills, electronics and more!
- Take a workshop or sit down with our business mentors to learn how to get your business off the ground.
- We will offer you fresh, relevant and fun courses in a hands-on workshop format. Learn at your own pace in whatever size “bites” that suit you and make lifelong friends with people just like you.
Workshops coming soon…
- Getting Started with Laser Cutting and Engraving – Make a Personalized Keychain
- Getting Started with 3D Printing
- Getting Started with Vinyl Cutting
- Getting Started in 3D CAD with Fusion 360 – Design and 3D Print a Personalized Ring
- Design and Make Custom Chocolates with 3D CAD and 3D Printing
- Make an Arduino-Powered LED Wearable
- Developing Applications for the Internet of Things – Make Your Own Smart Button
- Master Your Elevator Pitch
We aim to make learning intensely personal, exciting, and fun!
We will be a membership-based space and offer members the following benefits:
- Access to our makerspace tools and equipment including 3D printers, Laser Cutters, Vinyl Cutters and more. A complete list of our tools will be located at our wiki page.
- Free “Getting Started” workshops.
- Free business and technical skills mentoring.
- 50% or greater discounts on selected paid workshops.
- Free co-working space to run your business or work on your projects.
- Available storage for a modest fee.
- Early notice of community meetups and events.
- Exclusive members-only workshops and events.
- Advance notice of new course offerings.
Hours of Operation starting May 20, 2019 will be:
- Monday – Thursday: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday: closed
Before May 20, please make an appointment to have a personal tour or drop in to our FREE open lab time. Open lab is from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Fridays before May 20.
Here’s one of the lasercut community projects we built during open lab this semester:
We’re starting a new community project of a working 3D-printed V8 engine model from 11 a.m. – 1p.m. on Fridays from now through the end of the semester.
Come join the fun!
Bring your ideas! Bring your creativity!
Bring your passion! Bring your business!
Bring your biggest, boldest, and craziest ideas to life!
We look forward to your involvement in our success and hope to see you soon in the center!
For more information or to set up a tour, please email email@example.com.