The Library Make Shop
What can you do in the Library Make Shop? The short answer is…anything! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Propose a project for your students for class (or extra credit) work; we can make it happen!
- Make a craft or learn a new skill with your team or co-workers.
- Attend a workshop on sewing, laser cutting, etc.
- Checkout a machine for a project you’re working on – embroidery, button making, etc.
- Bring in your own supplies or projects and use the space to create!
Classes have already used The Make Shop to make their own buttons, and the French Club has celebrated Mardi Gras by making their own Mardi Gras masks. We are here to help you encourage students to practice skills in critical thinking, design, and problem-solving. Engage in active, hands-on learning experiences, and involve your students in the invention, construction, and creation of new ways to display their projects!
The Make Shop includes: vinyl cutters, a large format printer, button makers, sewing machines, and more.
The Make Shop is located in Building F, Room F222 and is open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., (for classes or groups of 5+, we can schedule an appointment outside of these hours).
Questions? Please contact Kristin Allen, Library Services: email@example.com.