The Academy is pleased to introduce our new Instructional Technology Specialist, Janet Woods!
Janet will work with faculty to help assess their instructional technology needs and implement solutions that support student learning. Additionally, Janet will provide professional development for faculty who wish to enhance their use of Blackboard and also serve in a backup role for faculty Blackboard technical support.
A few things about Janet:
- Bachelor’s degree from Northern Illinois University in Computer Science
- M.S. Ed. from Northern Illinois University in Instructional Technology
- Online Teaching/Instructional Design Certificate from the Online Learning Consortium
- Google Certified Trainer and Apple Education Trainer
- Started career as a computer programmer, then a website developer
- 15th year in education as an instructional technology specialist
- Previous role in Evanston District 65 as an Innovation Facilitator
- Follow on Twitter @jancwoods
- Enjoys camping, road trips, visiting national parks, hiking, and watching Cubs games with her granddaughter, Addison
Ask Janet about:
- Integration of education technologies into courses to improve the student learning experience.
- Training, consultation, and support to develop course materials and learning experiences that pair pedagogy and best practices with emerging technologies.
- Innovative solutions for content creation, lecture capture, and audio/visual production.
- Backup Blackboard support along with tips and strategies that support the online learning experience.
Stop by the Academy (Building F, Room F317) to meet Janet and introduce yourself!