Let’s get serious about humor! There are numerous research-based benefits for those educators who incorporate humor into teaching and learning. However, in this session, we will explore the top ten-Letterman style! Humor fosters trust, builds relationships, reduces stress, and contributes to planting of information in the long-term memory. Join us for an energetic and fun-filled session packed with research-based strategies and practical applications.
- Presenter: Mary Kay Morrison, author of Using Humor to Maximize Learning
- Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018
- Staff session: 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Faculty session: 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Location: Building D, Room D193
- CEUs for faculty session: 0.2
Refreshments will be provided.
The first ten people to sign up and show up (in each session) will receive a free copy of Mary Kay’s book.
Presented by One Book, One Harper, Office of Human Resources, and the Academy for Teaching Excellence