- Format: Blended (online and face-to-face)
- Dates: October 5, 2016 – November 30, 2016
- Face-to-face meetings: Wednesdays, October 5, October 19, November 2, November 16, November 30 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Building D, Room D269
- GECs: 3
- Instructor: Dr. Durene Wheeler, Northeastern Illinois University
- Details: This course seeks to investigate theories of gender and sexuality in a variety of historical, social, educational and cultural contexts. We will explore the societal implications of gender, sexuality and their relation to the development of identity and difference. We will critically assess societal representations of gender roles and stereotypes in an effort to understand implications of equity and equality. The central aim of this course is to foster critical reading, thinking and practices about gender and sexuality as it relates to power, inequality, education, and pedagogy.
- Fee: No cost. Read more.
- Register Online Now