How do you support the seminal right to free speech when some voices express what you feel is hateful and harmful speech?
College campuses across this nation are struggling to manage the challenges of creating an environment that allows us to respectfully hear all perspectives.
Harper’s award-winning Speech and Debate Team will tackle this intellectually and emotionally charged topic on Wednesday, February 28.
We invite you to join us and bring your classes to one of two sessions:
- What: Harper College Speech and Debate Team’s “Free Speech: The Debate”
- Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
- Times: 12:30 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. and repeated 2 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Location: Wojcik Amphitheater
- RSVP requested by February 22 and is encouraged for faculty who may be bringing classes.
Professor Joshua Sunderbruch will moderate the debate that will also involve the audience.
Presented by the Office of the President and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion