- This event has passed.
Teaching Online Successfully: Facilitate
September 4, 2017
Graduate Equivalency Course (GEC)
- Format: Online
- Section 1: September 4, 2017 – September 17, 2017
- Section 2: October 2, 2017 – October 15, 2017
- GECs: 1
- Instructor: Dominique Svarc, BUS/SS
- Details: This course prepares and supports faculty who are teaching an online or blended course in Blackboard for the first time and any faculty who have an interest in exploring best practices in online and blended course facilitation. Faculty will learn about critical components of effective course management and communication, develop a faculty schedule to aid in the management of their course, and enhance their course and syllabus using tools to encourage faculty-student and student-student interaction.
- Fee: No cost.
- Registration Closed (Registration Deadline: September 18, 2017)
Individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or who have questions about physical access may contact the event host or Access and Disability Services at email@example.com, 847.925.6266, at least two weeks in advance of the event date.
Academy for Teaching Excellence Workshop Cancellation Policy
Occasionally, the Academy for Teaching Excellence may have to cancel a workshop due to circumstances beyond our control. With the exception of instructor illness and inclement weather, the decision to cancel a workshop will be made 48 hours prior to the scheduled date of the workshop. In the event of a cancellation, the Academy will make every effort to notify registered participants via their Harper College email account. If you have a concern about a workshop you have registered for being cancelled, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847.925.6174.