Introduction to Theories of Pedagogy
April 26 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Graduate Equivalency Course (GEC)
- Format: Blended (online and face-to-face)
- Dates: March 1, 2018 – April 26, 2018
- Face-to-face meetings: Thursdays, March 1, March 22, and April 26
- GECs: 2
- Instructor: Jeannine Lombardi, BUS/SS
- Details: This course is designed to help the faculty participant develop a personal pedagogical theory and practice. We will achieve this through reading, reflection, and discussion. Students will study pedagogical theories that range from Socrates to recent research on culturally responsive pedagogy, the neuroscience of learning, and cooperative learning.
- View Syllabus
- Fee: No cost.
- Register Now (Registration Deadline: February 15, 2018)
Individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or who have questions about physical access may contact the event host or Access and Disability Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, 847.925.6266, at least two weeks in advance of the event date.
Academy for Teaching Excellence Workshop Cancellation Policy
Occasionally, the Academy for Teaching Excellence may have to cancel a workshop due to circumstances beyond our control. With the exception of instructor illness and inclement weather, the decision to cancel a workshop will be made 48 hours prior to the scheduled date of the workshop. In the event of a cancellation, the Academy will make every effort to notify registered participants via their Harper College email account. If you have a concern about a workshop you have registered for being cancelled, please contact email@example.com or call 847.925.6174.