- This event has passed.
Creating an Accessible Learning Environment for Students with Disabilities
Graduate Equivalency Course (GEC)
- Format: Online, with one face-to-face session
- Dates: September 17, 2018 – November 9, 2018
- Face-to-face meeting: Thursday, November 8, 5 p.m. – 8 p.m., F315
- GECs: 3
- Instructor: Pascuala Herrera, ADS and Student Development
- Details: In this course, participants will have an opportunity to learn basic information about the ten most common visible and invisible disabilities, in order to evaluate a course or program and develop methods that make the learning environment inclusive and welcoming to all students, including students with disabilities. The course will utilize real case studies of current and past Harper students, in order to have an honest discussion about the challenges that students face when navigating an inaccessible learning environment. If you have any questions about the course, please contact Pascuala Herrera at email@example.com.
- View Syllabus
- Fee: No cost
- Register Now (Registration Deadline: September 3, 2018)
Individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or who have questions about physical access may contact the event host or Access and Disability Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, 847.925.6266, at least two weeks in advance of the event date.
Academy for Teaching Excellence Workshop Cancellation Policy
Occasionally, the Academy for Teaching Excellence may have to cancel a workshop due to circumstances beyond our control. With the exception of instructor illness and inclement weather, the decision to cancel a workshop will be made 48 hours prior to the scheduled date of the workshop. In the event of a cancellation, the Academy will make every effort to notify registered participants via their Harper College email account. If you have a concern about a workshop you have registered for being cancelled, please contact email@example.com or call 847.925.6174.