- This event has passed.
Constructing Difference: Let’s Talk About Gender, Sex and Society
September 12 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Graduate Equivalency Course (GEC)
- Format: Blended (online and face-to-face)
- Dates: September 12, 2018 – October 31, 2018
- Face-to-face meetings: Wednesdays, September 12, September 26, October 3, October 17, October 24, 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., F315
- GECs: 3
- Instructor: Dr. Durene Wheeler, Northeastern Illinois University
- Details: This course seeks to investigate theories of gender and sexuality in a variety of historical, social, educational and cultural contexts. We will explore the societal implications of gender, sexuality and their relation to the development of identity and difference. We will critically assess societal representations of gender roles and stereotypes in an effort to understand implications of equity and equality. The central aim of this course is to foster critical reading, thinking and practices about gender and sexuality as it relates to power, inequality, education, and pedagogy.
- View Syllabus
- Fee: No cost
- Register Now (Registration Deadline: August 29, 2018)
Individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or who have questions about physical access may contact the event host or Access and Disability Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, 847.925.6266, at least two weeks in advance of the event date.
Academy for Teaching Excellence Workshop Cancellation Policy
Occasionally, the Academy for Teaching Excellence may have to cancel a workshop due to circumstances beyond our control. With the exception of instructor illness and inclement weather, the decision to cancel a workshop will be made 48 hours prior to the scheduled date of the workshop. In the event of a cancellation, the Academy will make every effort to notify registered participants via their Harper College email account. If you have a concern about a workshop you have registered for being cancelled, please contact email@example.com or call 847.925.6174.