In this course, participants will have an opportunity to learn basic information about the 10 most common visible and invisible disabilities, in order to evaluate a course or program and develop methods that make the learning environment inclusive and welcoming to all students, including students with disabilities. The course will utilize real case studies of current and past Harper students, in order to have an honest discussion about the challenges that students face when navigating an inaccessible learning environment.
- Format: Blended (online and face-to-face)
- Dates: September 17, 2018 – November 9, 2018
- Face-to-face meetings: Thursdays, September 20, September 27, October 4, October 11, October 18, October 25, and November 8 (no meeting on November 1), 5 p.m. – 8 p.m., F315
- GECs: 3
- Instructor: Pascuala Herrera, ADS and Student Development
- View Syllabus
- Fee: No cost
- Register Now (Registration Deadline: September 3, 2018)
Questions? Please contact Pascuala Herrera at email@example.com.