Blackboard Tip of the Month
Blackboard Tips & Tricks from the Academy for Teaching Excellence
How to Create a Content Area
Content areas are the top-level course areas (for example: Course Materials, Syllabus, Assignments, Handouts, Readings, Week 1, etc). You create and manage them on the course menu.
- Log in to Blackboard
- Choose the course you wish to work with
- Change Edit Mode to “On” and point to the plus sign above the course menu on the left. The drop-down list appears.
- Click “Content Area”
- Type a name for the new content area
- Select the “Available to Users” check box. You can create content areas ahead of time, make them unavailable to users, and then make them available at the appropriate time.
- Click “Submit” and a link to the new content area will appear on the course menu.
Submitted by Karen Herold, Instructional Technology Assistant
Watch here for another Blackboard tip next month! Interested in learning more now? Browse on demand Blackboard tutorials from the Academy.