Blackboard Tip of the Month
Blackboard Tips & Tricks from the Academy for Teaching Excellence
Submitted by Karen Herold, Instructional Technology Assistant
How to Create an Assignment
- Log in to Blackboard
- Choose the course you wish to work with
- On the action bar, point to “Assessments” and click “Assignment”
- On the “Create Assignment” page, provide the name, instructions, and attach any files students need
- Optionally, select a Due Date
- In the “Grading” section, type the points possible and optionally, associate a rubric. Optionally, expand the sections to make selections such as SafeAssign, anonymous grading, and how the grade is displayed.
- Make the assignment available
- Select the “Display After” and “Display Until” check boxes to enable the date and time selections. Display restrictions do not affect availability, only when the assignment appears.
- Optionally, select the check box to “Track Number of Views”
- Click “Submit”
Watch here for another Blackboard tip next month! Interested in learning more now? Browse on demand Blackboard tutorials from the Academy.