New Adjunct Faculty
As a new adjunct faculty member at Harper College, the Academy for Teaching Excellence would like to welcome you!
The Academy promotes student success by collaborating with department chairs, division deans, and Human Resources to provide instructional support, resources, and professional development for full-time and adjunct faculty.
Review the frequently asked questions listed below to help you get started. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can help you with. We look forward to working with you!
Is there an orientation for new adjunct faculty?
Yes, the Academy for Teaching Excellence hosts two New Adjunct Faculty Orientation (NAFO) sessions at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters. Orientation is designed to provide you with the information and resources you need to make a successful transition to teaching at Harper College.
- Get your photo ID and parking sticker
- Attend an IT session to learn how to access and navigate your Harper email account, the Student Information System (grades), and the Employee Portal
- Meet your dean on a division office tour
- Learn about student conduct and campus emergency response procedures
- Meet the staff of the Academy for Teaching Excellence, get tips for your first day of class, and learn about faculty development opportunities
- Ask questions
- Enjoy food and networking with your colleagues
When is orientation for Fall 2018?
New Adjunct Faculty Orientation sessions for Fall 2018 are scheduled for:
- Monday, August 13, 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday, August 18, 8:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
What do I need to do before my first day?
Tasks to complete before your first day are listed in the “Adjunct Faculty” tab on the Harper College onboarding website. Please complete all tasks prior to your first day so HR can process your enrollment information in a timely fashion and to make your first day rewarding.
Who should I contact if I have questions?
Please contact Amanda Nielsen, Adjunct Faculty Outreach & Engagement Specialist, and she can help answer or direct your questions: email@example.com, 847.925.6948.
You can also contact the Academy for Teaching Excellence directly at:
- Phone: 847.925.6174
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Building F, Room F320
- Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. & Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.