Adjunct Faculty Evaluations
If you have been contacted by the Academy regarding an evaluation this semester, please review and select one of the three options below by February 3, 2017.
Option 1: Goal-based Self-Evaluation
This option encourages you to share the work that you are involved in already or embark on a new path to improve student learning in your course.
To submit your interest in completing a goal-based self-observation, please complete the Goal-based Self-Evaluation form.
After submitting the form above, you will receive an email with more information about the next steps below:
- Complete Part 1 (Word document) of your goal-based project and meet with an Academy representative at the start of the semester to finalize your goal and discuss strategies and resources
- Complete Part 2 (Word document) of your goal-based project and submit along with Part 1 to your Academy representative no later than May 5, 2017
Suggested Goal Topics
- Complete one of the Explorer Series workshops and demonstrate the work you have completed at the Project Showcase
- Complete the online course design review and refresh process to improve the design of your online course
- Implement a new approach for the delivery of a unit of instruction
- Attend an Academy for Teaching Excellence event or workshop and provide evidence of implementation or an implementation plan (Academy Professional Development Opportunities)
Option 2: Reverse Peer Observation
We recognize that much can be learned from watching a colleague teach. This option enables you to observe a peer instructor’s class and reflect on how you might implement observed teaching strategies in your own class.
To submit your interest in completing a reverse peer observation, please view the list of available courses, dates and times on the Reverse Peer Observation sign-up sheet.
After submitting your interest on the sign-up sheet above, you will receive an email with more information about the next steps below:
- The Academy for Teaching Excellence will email you and the peer instructor with next steps to schedule an observation date
- Observe for at least 50 minutes and complete the Reverse Peer Observation form (Word document)
- Submit your completed form along with your availability to schedule a 30 minute follow-up meeting with an Academy representative prior to May 5, 2017
Option 3: Traditional Classroom Observation
To submit your interest in completing a traditional classroom observation, please complete the Traditional Classroom Observation form.
An observer will be designated by your division dean to visit your class for about one hour. After the observation, they will schedule a follow-up meeting with you to discuss the observation. Please review the Classroom Observation instrument before your observation date.