Adjunct Faculty Evaluations
If you have been contacted by the Academy regarding an evaluation this semester, please review and select one of the three options below by February 2, 2018. The deadline to submit an option has passed for the Spring 18 semester, please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Option 1: Goal-based Self-Evaluation
This option encourages you to share the work that you are involved in already or embark on a new path to improve student learning in your course.
To submit your interest in completing a goal-based self-observation, please complete the Goal-based Self-Evaluation form.
After submitting the form above, you will receive an email with more information about the next steps below:
- Complete Part 1 (Word document) of your goal-based project and meet with an Academy representative at the start of the semester to finalize your goal and discuss strategies and resources
- Complete Part 2 (Word document) of your goal-based project and submit along with Part 1 to your Academy representative no later than May 4, 2018
Suggested Goal Topics
- Attend an Academy for Teaching Excellence Graduate Equivalency Course, Workshop, Webinar or other Professional Development event and provide evidence of implementation or an implementation plan (Academy Professional Development Opportunities)
- Complete the training “Enhancing Distance Course Design Using the OSCQR Rubric” to become a Harper distance course design reviewer (more information, including dates, can be found on the Academy Workshop & Webinars page)
- Implement course modifications based on previous feedback from a course design review
- Share the work that you have implemented or plan to implement as a result of your participation in a Community of Practice
- Implement a new approach for the delivery of a unit of instruction
Option 2: Reverse Peer Observation
We recognize that much can be learned from watching a colleague teach. This option enables you to observe a peer instructor’s class and reflect on how you might implement observed teaching strategies in your own class.
To submit your interest in completing a reverse peer observation, please view the list of available courses, dates and times on the Reverse Peer Observation sign-up sheet.
After submitting your interest on the sign-up sheet above, you will receive an email with more information about the next steps below:
- The Academy for Teaching Excellence will email you and the peer instructor with next steps to schedule an observation date
- Observe for at least 50 minutes and complete the Reverse Peer Observation form (Word document)
- Submit your completed form along with your availability to schedule a 30 minute follow-up meeting with an Academy representative prior to May 4, 2018
Option 3: Traditional Classroom Observation
To submit your interest in completing a traditional classroom observation, please complete the Traditional Classroom Observation form.
An observer will be designated by your division dean to visit your class for about one hour. After the observation, they will schedule a follow-up meeting with you to discuss the observation. Please review the Classroom Observation instrument before your observation date.