In this course, participants will have an opportunity to learn basic information about the 10 most common visible and invisible disabilities, in order to evaluate a course or program and develop methods that make the learning environment inclusive and welcoming to all students, including students with disabilities. This course will utilize real case studies of current and past Harper students, in order to have an honest discussion about the challenges that students face when navigating an inaccessible learning environment.
- Format: Blended (online and face-to-face)
- Dates: September 18, 2017 – November 10, 2017
- Face-to-face meetings: Thursdays, September 21, September 28, October 5, October 12, October 19, October 26, November 9 (no meeting on November 2), 5 p.m. – 8 p.m., D269
- GECs: 3
- Instructor: Pascuala Herrera, ADS and Student Development
- View Syllabus
- Fee: No cost.
- Registration Closed (Registration Deadline: September 5, 2017)
Questions? Please contact Pascuala Herrera at firstname.lastname@example.org.